-->

Friday, September 27, 2013

Swap Bot

Have you heard of this website?  I discovered it a couple of days ago while searching for additional places to trade ATCs.  I've become smitten with creating ATCs - addicted really.  Wanna see my latest?

The first one is a Steampunk Halloween ATC.  I used Tim Holtz's riveted metal technique on the helmet.  The metal tape I picked up at Home Depot.  The skull is lifted off the card base with mounting tape.  Love how the eyeball turned out.  After printing an image from the internet I put some Diamond Glaze over the top. The last thing I did was cut off the bottom of the skull to get my dimensions to 2.5" x 3.5" as required.  It looked really cool before I cut it, but I've decided I still kinda like the way it's peeking out at me.
The next one is one I created because I didn't read the directions(!) and thought it was a simply a Steampunk ATC swap.  (Collective sigh..."Ohhhh...Julie...").  I used the metal tape for the butterfly and some alcohol inks over the top.

 (I have since trimmed off the excess backing there on the left; was driving me nuts.)  I found these canvas ATC bases at an art supply store here in Edmonds.  Fun base to work with.

Finally I have a pumpkin ATC.  The instructions specifically said NO jack-o-lanterns/Halloweenish pumpkins but I still wanted it to be kinda different.  I stamped a background stamp, ran some Wild Honey DS over it and cut out a pumpkin shape.  Cut that into segments and distressed the edges of each piece.  To accentuate the pumpkin-ishness I drew vertical lines from top to bottom too.  

I can't decide if it still needs something.  I added a smidge of orange Stickles at the top but I still feel like it's missing something.

UPDATE:  It did need something.  What do you think of my additions?


Thanks for taking a gander at my creations.  Cheers!


4 comments:

Laura said...

I think the pumpkin is awesome and am excited to be its new owner! Awesome ATCs! Time for me to check out the metal tape technique - very cool looking! Thanks for sharing!

Julie S said...

So glad you stopped by, Laura, and I'm glad you like it!

Unknown said...

They all look great! I'm glad you joined my Pumpkin ATC swap. :)

orneryswife said...

OMG!! That pumpkin is AMAZING! LOVE it! Looking forward to our swap. :)
tm