-->

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rise and Grind - Starbucks ATCs

Good morning!

I love my Starbucks.  I saw an ATC swap called Spectacular Starbucks over at AFA and couldn't help but sign up for it.


I used a lot of recycled items for these.

Title: Good Morning!
 The recycled bits on this one are the logo and the coffee sleeve on the cup is actually from a coffee sleeve.  The rays are gold metallic acrylic paint.  It's hard to see in the pic but they are very shiny and shimmery.

Title: Since 1971
For this one I ripped up and layered a Starbucks napkin.  I like the texture and random bits of text.  The logo is from a brochure.

Title: Not Just Coffee
 This one is in honor of my daughter.  She loves the Very Berry Hibiscus with lemonade instead of water (try it - it's delish!).  I have a stash of the mix for her at home.  I took the cup and title off the cardboard packaging and then tried my hand at drawing a lemon wedge.

Title: Pike Place Roast
Ultra-recycled!  I have no idea what made me think of doing this (probably because I was running out of ideas and materials), but most of the bits on this one are from a coffee bean bag.  I've been collecting coffee bean bags for a couple of years.  I saw a bag on Pinterest (damn that Pinterest!) made of them and hope to some day make one, but in the mean time I raided my stash and cut one up for this.  I ran the background through my Big Shot to get a burlap-ish, coffee bag-like texture.

Here is a totally random ATC that has nothing to do with coffee.  Corrie over at SDC put up a challenge to use pink and orange this week.  I started with pink and orange on this but then blue snuck in.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope the sun is shining where you are.  It's thinking about it here in Seattle.

3 comments:

massofhair said...

Totally impressed with your upcycling, ATC's are unique and fabulous!

Gorgeous SDC146 colours on your other ATC, love that flower:-) xxx

Karin said...

wow great recycled work!

Corrie Herriman said...

Great Starbucks ATC's. I would never have thought of that ! I do love the other ATC with the flower even though the background is blue instead of orange and pink ! The pink and orange flower looks stunning on the blue !
Corrie x