-->

Sunday, June 30, 2019

ICAD 2019: Week 4

Uh-oh...the ICAD grind is catching up to me.  My husband had knee surgery and that threw off my creative time.  I had to play catch-up for a few days, but I'm still hanging in there!  Here's what happened on Week 4...

Day 22: off-prompt.  Saw a mop-up paper sitting on my desk.  Cut it into strips and glued them on.  

Day 23: off-prompt. I was inspired by some of the collages I've seen in the FB ICAD group.  Rifled through my scrap box to find these bits.

Day 24: Off-prompt.  Realized just before bed that I hadn't arted.  Took out a ruler and Pitt pen and drew 4 straight lines from each side of the card.  Colored them in a few days later with watercolor pencils.  Went over a few colors with wet paintbrush.

Day 25: off-prompt.  I've been trying to grab supplies that I don't reach for often.  Today was another "oh, damn.  I haven't ICAD'ed yet!".  I randomly drew wiggly bits on the card with a Pitt pen before hitting the hay.  Came back a couple of days later and, inspired by a color combo chart I spied on Pinterest, pulled out my Neocolor IIs and got busy.

Day 26: off-prompt.  Somebody did this in an art journal using their whole hand.  I'll have to have another go at this some time.

Day 27: off-prompt.  I have lots of cards in my stash that have been gelli printed.  I ripped that blue scrap from another card and stuck it on and a beachy scene appeared to me.  Holding onto the very end of the pen I loosely drew the shapes (sad little dolphin - haha!) and then colored the in with Copics.

Day 28: off-prompt.  This gelli printed base has been in my stash for a couple of years.  I've never been able to bring myself to use it because I loved it.  I combined stamps from two of my fave  stamp companies - Stampotique and VLVS - to create this card (which makes me chuckle).

And it's a wrap for this week, folks!

No comments: