-->

Monday, April 20, 2020

My Little Book of Affirmations

So much free time on my hands allows me to go down the rabbit hole of places like Instagram.  It was here that I discovered consie_atopserenityhill/ .  She has been having 'creative playdates' during the pandemic and I snuck in to play at one of them.  I ended up with this.


The process of making this was very freeing and no-pressure.  We started with plain old printer paper.  It's not intended to be an amazing masterpiece but rather an exercise in just going with flow and creating.  I loved making it.


You can see that the paper is bit wonky and wrinkly and that's all good.  (I have to admit that I went back after taking the picture and glued the middle pages together.)


We started by folding the paper into sections that would eventually become the pages.  Then we drew a random shape on each page and added collage-y bits.


After that I put down some watercolor, watercolor pencil, and watercolor crayon.


Random marks with watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons came next.


Acrylic paint and flowers drawn with Sharpies followed as did still more random marks.

 I finished by pulling out some old sentiment stickers and dying some seam binding with Distress Sprays.

I loved using bits and pieces in my stash that I wouldn't normally reach for.  I also really enjoyed that it was truly about the process of playing around and the end product wasn't the goal.

What has your Muse been calling you to do lately?