-->

Friday, June 26, 2020

Einstein Zine

A while back (March?  Sometime during the pandemic...) I made my first zine.  It was a fun project.  I like art projects that I can sit down to do in pretty much one sitting.  A zine is simply a sheet of paper that's folded and cut to make a little book.

My recently graduated senior was cleaning out his closet and found a bunch of old schoolwork that ended up in the recycle bin in my art space.  There were lots of old math worksheets (I'm talking old like second grade all the way up to high school) and I grabbed a couple to make this.  When the background was all finished I thought I'd add quotes by famous mathematicians but those didn't really pan out.  Einstein seemed like the next obvious choice.  Check it out!

 I bought some sari ribbon on Etsy a while ago.  I cut a piece and that's where the colors for my zine came from.



The quote on the left totally sounds like something my grandpa would have said.  He had a wonderfully dry sense of humor and was a brilliant man, too.



 
I thought I had signed up for a swap on SwapBot that had a zine as one of the trading options.  Oops...guess I didn't or I missed the deadline.  It's all mine now, I guess.  😁

Have you ever made a zine?  Give it a try!

1 comment:

sally said...

Cool zine, the quotes are great!


Sally xx