-->

Sunday, April 24, 2022

#the100DayProject2022: Days 61-70

 It seems that I keep finding classes/workshops to nudge The Muse.  Last weekend I signed up for Alisa Burke's "Woodland Whimsy" class.  Towards the end of this series (and, I'm sure, the beginning of the next series) I was inspired by the wonders of the forest for my 100 Day cards.


Days 61 & 63: inspired by the style of Deb Weiers.  This one took a couple of days.  The initial sketch sat on my desk until I could figure out how I wanted to color it. Used pre-gel printed background, Pitt pen, Sigma micron pen, Stabilo PointMax pen, Color Burst watercolors, Posca marker, Signo UniBall

Day 62: 5-Minute Make.  Used stuff laying on my desk...pre-gel printed background, pencil, butterfly image, produce mesh bag, patterned paper scrap, mark-making print, bleached ticket, Signo UniBall pen

Day 64: Chaotic, inspired by a Roben-Marie post on IG, I marked/painted on some graph paper.  Used: graph paper, acrylic paint, paper scraps, pre-gel printed background, Sharpies, pencil, Stabilo pencil

Day 65. For weeks I kept bypassing this gel-printed background; time to use it.  Color Burst watercolor, Posca pens, NeoColor II crayons

Day 66/100: Floral Fantasy.  Used pre-marked background (has been in my stash for 2+ years), Posca markers, NeoColor II crayon, acrylic ink

Day 67: Before I signed up for Alisa Burke's class, I made this after seeing her promo for it.  Really wish I had put the fronds closer together towards the bottom...Used: Dylusions ink sprays, Lindy's starburst spray, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Pigma Micron pen

Day 68: my first class project...abstract tree branches.  Sharpie, Color Burst watercolors

Day 69: Green Color Study - pulled out greens, blues, yellow, metallic gold, brown Kwik Stix.  Also used Pigma Micron, pen, acrylic paint

Day 70: Brushstroke Forest. Used acrylic paints in greens and browns

Big week for me this week as I've procrastinated as long as possible to paint a mural for a friend.  Yikes...I've never painted anything that large.  Fingers crossed...

No comments: