The process was pretty simple.
1. I stamped some backgrounds on white cardstock.
2. Using a variety of mediums (gel, modeling paste, crackle, glass bead gel) I applied them through I stencil over which I had been sprinkled mica powder.
3. While the mediums were drying, I stamped some images and words onto cardstock and colored them with spray inks and Distress stains, dried them and cut them out.
4. When the backgrounds were dry (enough) I sprayed spray inks and Distress stains over the backgrounds.
5. Finally I put them all together and applied black and/or white paint splotches.
Fun and messy. I kept the color palette similar throughout making it easy to just grab whatever was in reach. I feel so accomplished too. :)