-->

Friday, February 11, 2022

Creative Jumpstart Projects Continue (some others too...)

My husband had Covid, which was unfortunate of course, but being a glass half-full kind of person the good thing about that was that I couldn't go to work which left me more time in the art studio.  Gotta love that.  Here's what I was up to...

Following Cheiron Brandon's lead, I made a couple of mixed media-ish cards.  My base was some cork paper that I bought ages ago; it was cool to work on - need to do that more often.  I finally figured out how to get zig zag stitches the way I like them too.  Yay!



In the lesson above, she used printed tissue paper by Ranger on the background, but offered that you could always make your own if need be. I did that and loved how it turned out.  I need to remember to do that again.


This ATC, cleverly named "Orange Flowers" - ha ha, was for an orange-themed swap on SwapBot.  Another mixed media gem, I used Archival ink, Neocolor II crayons, gel pen, Stabilo pencil, cut bits from a greeting card floating around on my desk, and the background was made up of layered bits of gel printed tissue paper.  I don't usually reach for orange but I'm happy with the way this turned out.

This next ATC is the last of a 3-part 'Exquisite Corpse' swap.  I'm so bummed...I forgot to take a picture of the torso, but you can see the head I created HERE.


And one more ATC for a SwapBot tic tac toe swap (pick three prompts in a row from a 9-spot grid).  I used vintage, acrylic paint, something found.


That's a wrap for now...cheers!

2 comments:

sally said...

It’s been ages since I did any blog visiting….(135 to read!) but I’m awfully happy to have dropped in by as these all are rockin!

Sally xx

Julie S said...

Sally! So good to see you! I went a long blog-less spell myself so I totally get it. Thanks for stopping by!