-->

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Just for Fun

I'm still here, I swear it!  It has been a wonderfully busy month for Elves In The Attic.  I've been up to my elbows in ink, glue, old books, spiders and bats.  No complaints here.  With Halloween just a few days away (and a nice comment from Astrid - thank you!) I headed over to the Stampotique blog to see what the latest challenge is.  A great opportunity to unwrap my new Dylusions Inks couldn't be ignored.  LOVE these inks!  The colors are so incredibly vibrant.  Now I understand what all the buzz has been about. That's what I used for the background color.  Kid you not, this was a white tag to begin with.

ANYWAY, the SDC71 this week is a CASE challenge so I chose to borrow from Astrid herself who made these wonderful ATCs a few days ago.  This one especially caught my eye (I've got a thing for book pages.  Don't know why, but there you have it.)  I really like the look of the black stamped image against that bright green background.  The first one is her's and then the tag I did:





I'm guessing my technique was a little different.  I only have one green ink (so far) so I used a watercolor technique to get the spiderweb in the back (spritzed my stamp with water and stamped over the inked background).  Other than that the similarities are pretty obvious - colors, theme, stamped black image.  Thank you, Astrid!


8 comments:

Karin said...

gorgeous card, love the color!

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

So cool that you used a project from me, I'm totally smiling here :-D Love your tag! Thank you for joining us at Stampotique.

Basement Stamper said...

I think your technique looks fabulous, great tag and thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

Kaz said...

This is fab! I love the colours and the fact you've made the tag your own. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

ARTfulWings said...

This is one great tag Julie - love the vibrancy of the green. Thank you for joining in with us over at Stampotique. Polly x

Sue said...

What a fab tag, I love your spiders web and those spooky eyes! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers challenge. Sue x

france papillon said...

lol, your tag is spot on for a funny halloween!
thanks for playing with us at Stampotique :)
france xx

Gez Butterworth said...

FAB tag Julie. I love your colours and choice of images. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers challenge. Gez