-->

Monday, May 20, 2013

Mini Albums!

I love making mini albums.  I get distracted with making cards and mini albums take a back seat for a while but then an excuse comes up to make one (in this case the auction for the preschool I teach at) and I wonder why I don't do this more often.  I had a lot of fun with these.


This first one is a library pocket album.  I tried a new type of binding on it (concertina) and really like it.  I may need to tighten it up a bit more next time, but as it is it definitely allows enough room for added photos and such.


I picked up the enclosures at a teacher supply store ages ago.  The pockets themselves I cut with a die out of patterned paper and solid cardstock (alternated them in the book).  I like the whimsical designs - reminds me of summer.  They are by Colorbok

The next mini album started out for the auction but I think I may end up either keeping it for myself or putting it in the shop.  The more I worked on it, the more I fell in love.  Lots of texture and little added bits in this one.  I love the teal, black, grey and red color combo too.  I bought the paper pack, Celebration by Authentique, a while ago.  So glad I finally put it to use.  (UPDATE: I decided to put it in the shop.  You can find the listing by clicking HERE.)

 
See the little charms on the spine?  One is a camera and the other is a word charm that says 'Laugh'.





Love the bumpy texture and the red rhinestone on the star.  I attached the sentiment so that a photo can be slipped underneath it.


I used a few of the grey shipping tags in the album.  The size is 2 3/8" x 4 3/4" which makes them a great place for small photos or some journaling.



The page on the right is one of two pages in the album that are not 6"x6".   I designed it to fit the tag comfortably; it is 4 3/4"x6".




The page on the left is one of my faves.  I think it's because of the bumpy clouds.  :)


The left page is the second one that is not 6"x6"; it measures 4"x6".



Now I need to go crack the whip on the elves (as in Elves In The Attic) and get to work on some orders.  Thanks for stopping by today!




3 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I can see why you love making them as you do such a fabulous job on them, they would be hard to give away for sure! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Redanne said...

Hi Julie, both are fantastic, I love the first one but the second one is really beautiful too - and so useful! Hugs, Anne x

Karin said...

Wow the albums are both gorgeous!
Groetjes Karin