-->

Saturday, August 19, 2017

MFT Summer Camp

Now, this is my kinda summer camp - no mosquitoes, no roommates who snore, no corny camp songs (although I have to admit, I kind of like corny camp songs), no nasty food.  Over at MFT this past week there was Camp Create.  I couldn't participate during the week, but I managed to bang out all of the challenges today.  And they were fun!  Here's what I came up with:
I was tempted by the recent MFT retirement sale and picked up the Love You More stamp set.  Kept this card CAS by creating the square with Distress inks and adding a woodgrain embossed heart.

Day 1: Inlaid Made Easy
I love these little band-aid dies - so cute.  I paired them with the ancient Umbrella set for this card.

Day 2: Magnificent Masking
I was tempted by the MFT retirement sale and picked up the Love You More stamp set.  I kept this card CAS by creating a square in the middle with Distress inks and adding a woodgrain embossed heart die cut.

Day 3: Background Bonanza
 I LOVE how this card turned out!  Gotta love the cool shades from the Geek is Chic set.

Day 4: Monochromatic Magic
The Peek-A-Boo dies are so fun and I don't bring them out often enough.  I kept this really monochromatic by using only the Distress ink and marker in Fossilized Amber.

Day 4 Round the Campfire: Awesome Ombre
The Onesie die has been in my stash collecting dust.  I love the little details on it (you can see them in the die below).  Distress inks are super easy to create ombre colors with.  I ended up doing the inlaid technique again with the heart, using an off cut from the onesie die.



Day 5: Delightful Die Cutting

It doesn't get much easier than this.  I added a smidge of dimension by putting some foam tape behind the sun.  Easy breezy!

I need to go to camps like this more often!

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Which of these cards is your fave?

2 comments:

Anneke said...

Fabulous takes on the topics! Love them all 6 :)

Julie S said...

Thank you!