-->

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Envelope Mini Journal

 I keep finding cool, artsy groups on Facebook.  One of my latest group finds is Mini Marvels.  Now a mini marvel can be so many different things...ATC, inchie, moo, mail art, bookmark,...you get the idea.  There is currently a month-long event where we started by creating a mini journal out of envelopes; super easy - you just tuck the flap into another envelope and keep going until you have as many pages as you'd like.  It makes its own binding, too.  Each day the host offers a quick tutorial for creating a background that should only take about 10 minutes to do.  Here's what I have so far.

The mini journal on Day 9

Two double pages collaged and texture added through stencil (fiber paste on the top, black embossing paste on the bottom)



Paper napkins collaged onto background.  Sealed with a matte medium and iridescent medium mixture.

Paper napkins collaged onto background and sealed with matte medium

At this point I decided that I'd better switch to single-page endeavors or by the end of the month I would need 3 or 4 mini journals.

Strips of paper torn from a magazine (thank you, Time magazine!) and collaged onto page.




Cut shapes and glue over strip collage.  I dug through my scrap stash and found the pink piece which already had little arches cut out of it.  Immediately thought of a city scene.

And that's that for now.  Schwoo!  I'll try to post daily to update my progress.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

sally said...

This looks like a cool project!

Sally xx