-->

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Spring-themed ATCs

 My mixed media ATC Facebook group has a spring theme this month.  I dug around in the stash to come up with these 3...


I started with a large leftover piece of gel printed cardstock which I cut up into three 2.5" x 3.5" pieces.

Next came some stamping and doodling with a white Posca marker.


Next came the 'oops'.  I decided it needed a little more green to be 'springier' so I dripped on some flourescent green alcohol ink.  Bummer!  It was way too bright, but that's okay.

I colored some cheesecloth with green Distress stains and added some rub-ons to finish the background.  

The butterflies were stamped with Archival ink followed by some coloring with shimmery watercolors and some stamping for texture over the top of them.

I punched out the circles from a recycled book page and rubbed some Distress ink around the edges followed by a strip of glittery, viney washi tape.

Wa-la!  ATCs done.

Hoping you have a delightful day and that spring is showing its face in your neck of the woods.

No comments: