-->

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Twelve Tags - February

I love Tim Holtz's style - vintage-y and grungy with a little bling and pizzazz.  While I loved following his 12 Tags of Christmas series that is such a busy time of year that I didn't get a chance to play along.  His new format, a tag a month, is a perfect shift.  Here's what Tim did for February:




I tweaked it as best I could with the supplies I have to come up with this:


Tell me you can see the inspiration.  :)  Instead of stamping and embossing with a coordinating folder I heat embossed a really cool vintagey pencil background image.  The inks I used to color the tag are Barn Door, Worn Lipstick, Walnut Stain and Pumice Stone.  My local search for seam binding to stain has been unsuccessful so I tore some cotton fabric and stained that.  Worked pretty well, I think.  Here's a close up of the bottom part:

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments: