-->

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Festive Friday Challenge 39

Hey, I made a card! Festive Friday is a challenge blog that promotes getting ready for the Christmas rush gradually; at least as it relates to card-making. Every two weeks they throw out a photo for inspiration and ask their followers to create a card based on the photo. Great idea and I've been meaning to play along all year. While my good intentions didn't produce anything the first 8 months of the year, it's never too late to start.


Here's the inspiration photo:



You can see that I pulled the idea of fresh evergreens and the rustic Christmas greeting from the photo.  I tried to stay true to the look by using watercolor stamping and a faux chalkboard look to my greeting.


Hmmm...think I have time to get the previous 37 done before Christmas?   ;)


6 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this - almost an abstract feel to it - great use of the shades of green to create your card! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday - hope to see you again!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lots of great greens. The cool panel of the sentiment is so cool!!!

Nancy Penir said...

I love this! So unique. Festive, rustic, and gorgeous 'blackboard' effect!

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Love all the shades of green here and the faux chalkboard panel you created, too. So glad you could play along with us at Festive Friday this week!

Geri said...

Love the combination of the stamping and die cuts! This is perfect for our challenge at Festive Friday!!! Thanks so much for joining us!

Kay Miller said...

Such a fabulous card! I love all the greenery with the chalkboard greeting! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)