-->

Friday, August 1, 2014

SDC 158: Black, White and a Pop of Color

I've been a bit AWOL as we took a spontaneous trip down the west coast to visit the fam.  Had a GREAT time and I was able to assuage some mama guilt as well.  I grew up in Anaheim, home of Disneyland, and my mom still lives there.  My youngest, now 12, had never been to Disneyland before this trip. I know!  How is that possible?  Parental neglect, I suppose.  Anyway, fixed that right up and here is a pic of us in front of It's A Small World (sans my beloved daughter who is in that nobody-can-take-pictures-of-me-even-though-I-take-a-ton-of-selfies stage).  Yes.  I did make them go on this ride.  It's a classic.


By the way, I don't usually look quite this goofy.  I was deep in the midst of fake laughing which you can tell my darlings thoroughly enjoy.  :)

Anyhoo...there's a great challenge from the ever-so-delightful Kay over at SDC this week: black, white and a POP of color.  I've been wanting this stamp for AGES so of course I reached for '3 in a Round' right away for my card.


I stamped the image several times so that I could create dimensional layers.  This just begs for them, don't you think?



In retrospect, I probably should have used the top layer as my base and then had the deeper layers beneath it.  Hubby thought I was going for a nest of some sort.  Hmmmm...ah well.  So much fun to have a play with these guys.

Until next time...thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

massofhair said...

Love Three in a Round they are so fabulous and can be used for so many occasions. Beautiful pop of colour and yes i agree about the stacking order.

Fantastic take on this weeks challenge:-) xxx

*Arwen* said...

Wow beautiful card! They look awesome :)
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Design Challenge

xx Arwen

Kay Wallace said...

First, you don't look "goofy," but absolutely full of joy! Big difference! Love your creation this week for my challenge, Julie! Three in a Round, with that green background, just pops off your card! Rather, that looks like 3 Design Team members peering down a rabbit hole trying to find Julie who has been MIA! hehe Seriously, so glad you are back and participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

Corrie Herriman said...

Looks like you had a good time ! Good for you ! Love your card. It is absolutely fabulous. Another one for the wish list !!
Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
Corrie x

Sue said...

This is brilliant Julie, you gotta love these guys don't you! You look like you had a wonderful holiday too. Thanks so much for joining us again at Stampotique. Sue xx

Jenny Marples said...

So good to see you getting some well earned family time Julie. I love that card too - brilliant design and just the right pop of colour. Jenny x