-->

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Please Take My Kids to Work...

Feeling a smidge guilty about this ATC but it did strike my weird sense of humor.  When my three kiddos were younger my husband worked at one of those cool start-up companies that had scooters and skateboards to get from place to place in the building.  They also had loaded fridges full of soft drinks and junk food.  It was a big treat for the kids to go into work with him and, quite frankly, in those days I was a stay-at-home mom and sometimes needed a few hours alone to regain my sanity.

There is a monthly swap series over at ATCsForAll with a bizarre/unusual holiday theme. I purposely looked for June 26th because it is my 'baby' girl's (turning 18 next month!) birthday. I thought it would be nice to have a little tribute ATC for her.  (Enter the reason I feel a smidge guilty about choosing this particular holiday.)


I admit, I tried to justify my choice with the thought that taking my children to the workplace could expand their knowledge of the various employment opportunities available to them in the future.  That's nice, isn't it?  And that's true...kinda.  Thankfully, I bequeathed to her, via genes or environmental factors, my odd and snarky sense of humor.  Just in case though, I don't think I'll share this particular bit of my creative genius with her this time.  ;)

I'm entering this in the Wicked Wednesday ribbon challenge (the 'road' is a ribbon.)

Happy arting.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Nikki W said...

Love your story behind this, and the ATC is Fab. "Please take my child to work day " ..... You made me LOL. You are too funny Julie :) Love your sense of humor :) Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday x

Julie S said...

I'm glad you get me. I think some people just don't know what to think and run away as fast as possible. LOL!