-->

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Heat Wave

Ooo-wee, it's toasty in some parts of the country right now.  Thankfully, here in the Pacific NW the temps are just right.  Even so, in sympathy with those in warmer climes I was inspired to make this ATC for the Lost Coast Designs number challenge.


I started out with swirly background border stamp (that usually reminds me of water, but not today!) stamped with orange over a background of Distress Stains (Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber).  The sun was going to be the numbers part of the challenge (I stenciled numbers over the paper before I cut it out), but you can't really tell so instead I stamped temperatures on the background 100-110 - that's hot!).  A little crackly, dried texture paste finished it off.

Happy stamping!

5 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Very nice, Julie !
Corrie x

Nikki W said...

Gorgeous colors and love the bubble border background. We are in fact about to have a heatwave ... I can feel the heat radiating from your card :) Thanks for joining our numbers challenge at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

Julie S said...

Ugh..I heard something about the 90's here in Seattle. That's too hot for my blood!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What a gorgeous creation and just love what inspired it and how you executed it! Thanks for sharing with us at
http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com

Tera Callihan said...

HAHA a heat wave mixed with rain is what it's been at my house! love the texture you added too! great piece! Thank you for playing in the LCD numbers challenge!