My base is actually an index card (which means I'll probably need to reinforce it a bit with cardstock on the back). I didn't think about taking a process photo until I was mostly through, but here's a mid-process glimpse. :)
I really like to use up scraps as much as possible. The flowers (from Rubber Dance) are stamped on pink scraps that I had in my stash. The black stars that you see on the background are from the same stamp set.
To create the background, I brayered gray acrylic paint over the index card. I intended to just add a smidge of green on top of that, but when I brayered the green it pretty much covered the grey so I added more gray back in by dabbing acrylic ink through a stencil. I splatted bits of white and dark green over that and when it was dry I went around the edges with black acrylic ink. To finish up, I glued on the flowers and sentiment. Wa-la! Finito. :)
Thanks for stopping by today.