-->

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Queen Bee ATC

I think I mentioned in a previous post how much I love the large bee stamp from Stampotique.  It is a recent addition to my stash though I've been eyeballing it for years.  Literally.  Really not sure what took me so long.

I was feeling mixed media-ish recently, and needed to make an ATC for a trade.  Out came the bee.


The background started as a scrap piece of painted paper.  It had some really bright, neon colors on it.  I washed over it with fluid acrylic quinacridone nickel azo which perfectly muted and transformed it.  Next came some distressed book pages layered on top of each other and a piece of teal wire.  The edges are finished off with some gold embossing powder.  I colored the bee with Distress markers and Copics and then cut her out and slapped her on there with some foam adhesive. 

I'm so happy with the way this turned out.  :)  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: