-->

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Cover My Envelope! Mail Art

Hello, my artsy friends!

I just finished this bit o' mail art and am really pleased with the way it turned out.  I created it for the "Cover my Envelope!" swap on SwapBot.

Back Side



I inherited a box full of envelopes a long time ago from a company that closed - perfect candidates for mail arting!

Last week I came home from work one day and just felt the need for a little art therapy.  The Muse was being irritatingly quiet so I decided to just get out some acrylics, stencils and envelopes and go to town.

The top one is the one I arted up even more (above), but look at all of these other lovelies ready to hit the mailbox!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I had kind of forgotten about this decorated envelope swap I'd signed up for.  When I looked at my sendee's 'likes' I noticed flowers were on there and remembered an art journal page I had done a long time ago where I'd draw a flower and then blacked out everything around it.  I drew the flowers on my envelope but when it came time to black everything out I decided to go a different route and paint the flowers white.  I thought I was done until I realized I had to decorate the entire back as well.  I decided to go for something coordinating.

I love how it turned out!  I hope my recipient likes it, too.  :)

Happy Spring (and Easter or Passover)!

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulously bright and breezy mail art - these would give anybody joy to receive, and give the postman some fun too!
Alison x

Julie S said...

:) That's so sweet of you. Thank you, Alison!