-->

Saturday, July 14, 2018

You Float My Boat

It's summertime and the livin' is easy...

As I type I'm delighting in a delicious, frosty treat fresh from the ice cream truck. Mmmmm...  Summer reminds me of sunny days at the beach, too, and that's what I was thinking about when I made this card.

I love this stamp set from Lawn Fawn.  My dad used to take me out of school on the occasional Friday and we would go sailing on our little 14-foot sailboat.  Afterwards we would hit the ice cream store (I never mentioned that part to Mom because it was usually around 5:00 or so - too close to dinnertime).  Good memories!

Anyway, I made this for the Lawn Fawn challenge #32 which is a fun, beachy color challenge.  When I added the color for the sky and water I was planning on putting a piece of cardstock over the whole thing that had a circle cut out of the middle to show the water/sky.  But I reconsidered and just went with what was there; it works.

I hope you're having a wonderful summer.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Samantha Mann said...

this is ADORABLE!!!!! wow! LOVE the little boat and the way the scene fades out!! so pretty! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!! :)

francesca said...

this card is so clean and simple, the pop of colors is amazing, i looove it! Thank u so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!