-->

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Mona ATC

 Hello, friends!

The other day I started to get to work on an ATC for red-themed swap.  As the 'February Color of the Month' my brain kept returning to hearts but I really wanted to do something less obvious.  I have a box of scraps that I keep in my art space and I started rifling through them.  An old piece of alcohol-inked Yupo paper caught me eye; it had a variety of reds and a bit of metallic gold wandering across the paper.  As I looked more closely, I saw a face.  Ta-dah!  It was easy to get to work right away.


I ripped her head and neck from the main piece, glued her down and got to work.  It was a pain in the a$$ to get those eyeballs white - I can't tell you how many layers of gesso and acrylic paint are on there.  The red ink kept bleeding through (learn something new every day!).  Her hair is a torn bit of a security envelope.  Scribbles in the background are Kwik Stix and Pitt pen; her necklace is gold Liquid Pearls.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you get to art something up!


2 comments:

Sandra D said...

Thanks for joining my swap - this is EXACTLY the type of ATC I was hoping people would do! I'd love to see it in my mailbox! Your partner will love it :)

Julie S said...

What a nice thing to say, Sandra! Thank you. I really had fun making her...kinda wanted to keep her. LOL. I guess that's a good sign that she's a good one to share.