I've got big plans for these little gems and so far one is finished.
It started as raw wood. I covered it with gesso and stuck torn book pages on the roof.
At this point I was planning on just painting it, but I don't have the color on hand that I had in mind. I'm not sure how, but a steampunk idea hit me. I painted the roof with a combo of metallic gold and bronze paints, glued gear die cuts onto the base and then covered it with metal tape. The roof is darker and and more bronze IRL; looks kind of yellow-goldish in the pics. I attempted the blistered paint technique again but it didn't work as well this time. I used Distress Paints so maybe it's more a regular ol' acrylic paint thing.
To finish it off I painted over the base with black acrylic paint, wiping it off the metal part, and added some washers and a knob to the roof.
Pssst..Stampotiquers. I tried to figure out a way to include a tag on this for this week's challenge. No go. ;)
I'm not sure if this is the one I'll donate to the auction. We'll see if I get any other ones finished in time.