I started by covering the bases with a dictionary page. Next came some modeling paste, die cut swirls and a doily. I covered everything with some watered down white acrylic paint. From that point they diverged.
This first one came together quickly. The green leafy piece had been sitting on my desk for several weeks and I thought it looked nice against the pink background. I must have stamped the ruler piece on white paper months ago. It was also in a pile. First I just rubbed on some brown ink (the same as is on the edges) and then I thought of vintagey measuring tape and decided I should add some yellow to it. I like the way it turned out. I always forget I've got the Tim Holtz rub-ons but I happened to glance over at them and they were perfect to balance out the bottom part.
The second one I struggled with a bit. I love the laurel wreath die and thought I would be using it with the bee that comes with it. It just wasn't working for me though. I sprinkled on dots of Perfect Pearl Mist and some white paint and then let it sit there for a while so I could figure out what to do next. Tim Holtz products to the rescue again. I remembered I had the silhouettes tucked away...somewhere (took me a while to track them down. Time for a studio cleaning spree!).
One of the cool things about these cards is that they came about organically. I mostly used stuff that had been sitting on my desk for a while.
The dictionary pages were leftovers from some gelli printing the night before. The ruler, die cut swirls and leafy sprig were sitting in a pile on the desk for weeks. I almost threw them away so many times. (See, honey. There's a good reason for me to 'hoard' all this stuff!).
Successful day. :)