-->

Saturday, June 8, 2019

ICAD 2019: Week 1

It's that time of year... Index Card A Day (ICAD) 2019!

It's been a couple of years since I've actually done the whole 61 days, but here's hoping this year I'll finish it.  Here's what I've got for Week 1...

Prompt: Mailbox.  When cleaning out my parents' house, I found a bunch of postage stamps that my dad collected.  I didn't know he did that!  I used some of them on this and some rubber stamp-y images from my collection.

Off-prompt.  I don't sketch very often but decided to try my hand at it today.  This was my breakfast.  😉

Prompt: Magenta.  Like many I tend to be a bit of a collector of art supplies.  I reached for things I *had* to have that have been collecting dust instead (washi tape, acrylic ink).

Prompt: Reflection.  I received this little critter graphic in a swap.  I cut it in half, glued one half onto the index card and then sketched the missing half.

Off-prompt.  The end of the school year is fast approaching and the littles have been driving me a wee bit nuts.  This day was particularly challenging.  Art therapy.

Off-prompt.  I needed some inspiration and went to the SDC blog.  The challenge this fortnight is to use a favorite Stampotique quote.  I've always liked this one.

Prompt: Stencil.  I went straight for the prompt today.  I used a variety of stencils on the background with acrylic paint.  The final layer I used embossing paste through a stencil.  I was really tempted to put a quote on it as well, but decided that sometimes it's okay to just leave it quote-less.
That's it for Week 1.  One of the things I love about the annual 2-month ICAD challenge is that it's a great opportunity to use media I've forgotten about and supplies that I don't usually reach for.  The Muse needs a little nudge now and then, wouldn't you agree?

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Tera Callihan said...

These are all awesome! I especially love the bright colored ones! And you did an amazing job drawing the other half of the reflected image I didn't even realize you had drawn it until I read underneath! I think I made 14 last time I attempted index card a Day...lol. I love the quote you added 4 the stampotique challenge card also. Can't wait to follow along and see what else you create! And of course thank you for playing with us in the stampotique designer challenge!

*Arwen* said...

Aww this is one of my favourites too! Awesome cards <3
Thanks for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

xx Arwen

Jools Robertson said...

Wow! These are all fabulous and lovely colours
Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge
Jools x

Scrappy Scatty said...

Thank you so much for entering Stampotique Favourite Quote Challenge ~ I love your vibrant card, and the Quote is lovely too ~ Love Jan xx

Nadine said...

wow, love them :)
Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge.
Hugs Nadine

Milo Lilja said...

Wow! This is really stunning! Love it. Thank you so much for joining Stampotique challenge ❤️

Kitty said...

Thanks for sharing with Stampotique! I can relate to your Art Therapy card 🙄. Did you use a photo transfer?? They are all very cool and I love the bold colors.