-->

Thursday, May 7, 2020

The 100 Day Project - Days 21-30: Monochromatic Inchies

This is working for me.  I like having a task to complete each day and these inchies are a great warm-up to get my creative juices flowing.  I don't love all of the finished projects but I'm learning something from each of them.

The theme for this latest series is 'monochromatic'.  Each day I dug around in my stash of papers until one caught my eye and that would be the color of the day.



Day 21:  The red piece with the plus signs on it was the starter for the day.  It was an offcut from an ATC that I failed to measure before finishing.  Oops.  Other pars are washi tape, collaged napkin piece, alcohol ink, stamping, red glitter

Day 22:  The mini calendar scrap was the inspiration for 'blue'.  The other bits are cut or ripped from gelli prints.
Day 23: Dug deep into the stash today to discover an eyelet and embroidery floss.  It's been years since I've pulled out those boxes!  The background is a ferry schedule that I've been using as a mop-up paper.  
Day 24: Green became the theme for the day after I saw that Earl Grey tag sitting on my desk.
Day 25:  A mop-up piece of paper is sitting on my desk that has some cool stamped images over orange paint; it caught me eye this morning...Also used washi tape, pen, rhinestone
Day 26:  I found some really cool pink scraps in my stash this morning.

Day 27:  I had been avoiding purple for a few days.  I decided to bite the bullet and started perusing a gardening catalog.  I finally found these purple flowers and then it came together really quickly.
Day 28:  I've been missing my preschool class.  This is my shout-out to my 3- and 4-year-old peeps!  The bear is cut from a gel print scrap...kinda Eric Carle-esque.

Day 29:  I know black technically isn't a color but I went for it anyway.  😉  To add a little texture I embossed onto the black piece.

Day 30: Sometimes you just need to keep it simple.  Modeling paste through a stencil...
And there you have it.  Days 21-30 of inchies.  You can follow my daily progress on Instagram.

Have a creative day.  😊

No comments: