-->

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Masterboard to ATC

Hello again!

I joined a swap over on SwapBot that asked us to create a masterboard and then use it to make some type of mail art.  One of the things I love about creating masterboards is that it truly is more about the process than the end product.  Knowing that it's going to be cut up you can really go for it and if something doesn't feel right you can just cover it up.

I ended up with this ATC.


My masterboard has more than a few layers of patterned paper, gesso, acrylic paint, Neocolors, stamping, gel pen and Pitt pen.  You can't even see the patterned paper anymore but it does add some bits of texture.


It felt pretty busy to me, but knowing I was cutting it up I just went for it. 
When I'm working on a project I have a paper on my desk that I use to clean off brushes, stamp off stamps, etc.  I usually keep these mop up papers in my stash as they get really interesting over time.  I'm tempted to pull a few out to create some more masterboards.

I hope you're able to take some time to get artsy.  It's good for the soul!

2 comments:

sdowkes said...

I love the post - I'm also on Swap-bot. What's your username? I'm user6937. I'm wondering if I subscribed to your blog because of SB :)

Tera Callihan said...

First off, that Master board looks absolutely beautiful! I don't think it looks too busy at all. The colors on everything about it are beautiful. Second, I absolutely love the ATC you made with it. Using a ticket for the house was a fabulous idea!