-->

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

End of the World Art Journal Page

I really like this sentiment.  Since I recently picked up a butterfly stencil I had a good excuse to use them both in my art journal.


I gessoed many of my art journal pages a while back.  The only drawback to this is that it really mutes some of the delicious Dylusions colors.  The muted colors work here though, I think. 

The background is sprayed with Bubblegum Pink, Lemon Zest and Vibrant Turquoise.  I sprayed some letter/number stencils with Black Marble and more Vibrant Turqoise then stamped the foliage along the bottom with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I randomly stamped a script stamp with Distress Dusty Concord (as I wrote this I realized that pretty much disappeared and I went back and re-stamped some areas).  Deciding I needed a pop of bright color I pulled out some magenta acrylic paint, dabbed some bubble wrap in it, and mooshed that here and there.  I did that again with cerulean paint and a bottle cap on a couple of sides.

Here's a little closer look at the butterfly. 


Can you see the purple Stickles that I added to her body?  Love this template by Balzer Desings.  It comes with a swirly overlay (I dabbed over that with Bone China Distress Ink).

I think I'm done.  Loving this art journal stuff.  Makes me feel very artsy fartsy.  :)

No comments: