-->

Sunday, February 17, 2013

12 Tags of 2013: February

Making my January tag got me going.  I had to whip up the February tag too.  :)



I borrowed a few things from His Royal Tagishnous - color scheme, distressed embossing, tissue tape ribbon, and the Queen of Hearts.

I started with a manilla #8 tag.  My first attempt used Spun Sugar and Barn Door stains for the background.  They blended nicely but the Spun Sugar was too light.  I sprayed Bubblegum Pink Dylusions on top of that with an extra misting of water to blend them and that did the trick.  Added some water drops and then randomly stamped with my heart border stamp (just got that the other day on sale for $2 - woop woop!) in red.  Some torn sheet music and Walnut Ink around the edges finished off the background.


I love these playing card mini embossing folders.  I tried it in red and black cardstocks distressing the raised edges but it wasn't looking like I wanted it to.  Instead I decided to use the faux letterpress technique with Barn Door DI.  Love it! (Technically it's backwards - look at the Q - but I like the areas that are recessed and colored).  The black cardstock attempt is a nice backdrop to make the white card stand out more.

 
Her crown is stamped using Tarnished Brass Distress Stain with some red rhinestones, uh...er...jewels, to finish it off.  The fleur de lis necklace was really a copper color but I used the gold alcohol ink to get it to the right color and strung her necklace with bakers twine.

Last was the sentiment using stamps and Dymo tape and the tissue tape crinkled to look like ribbon.


Here's Tim's masterpiece:


I can't tell you how many times I've eyeballed the new mini blueprint stamps - on the top of my Wish List for sure - but I think my mini embossing folder filled in pretty well in the mean time.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy February!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this, Julie! You did an amazing job using up some older supplies. This is gorgeous!