I started with water-misted watercolor paper sprayed with Dylusions Ink - Bubblegum Pink and Postbox Red through large and small alphabet templates. Apparently some little person had used blue marker the last time on the templates because as I sprayed a bluish-purplish color appeared right around the edges of the letters; I liked it (will have to remember that).
Dried it a bit and sprayed the whole thing again with pink and red. I still have some circle templates from when I first started scrapbooking. They've been gathering dust for ages, but I pulled them out to make the 3 large circles on the right. Next I brushed some white gesso onto bubble wrap and randomly dabbed that on my page. I really like how the gesso soaked up the background color.
Following the bubble wrap I took a script stamp with grey ink and randomly stamped about. Next came a bottle cap with white acrylic paint and I attempted a cork with black ink in the middle of those circles. A fail was Picket Fence Distress Stain dabbed down the sides as well. It isn't really visible as my background color is so bright the stain gets lost. The background is finished off with a small circle stamp and black ink stamped on the sides. I may have gone a little overboard with circles today - ha ha!
To finish the calendar off I stamped the month title with a heart image and red ink onto white cardstock. Detailed around them with a black pen. Eric and Linda were stamped onto cream cardstock, colored with Copics and cut out to fit in the top circle. The calendar grid is simply printer paper swiped with Spun Sugar Distress Stain. I splatted a dab of Barn Door Distress Stain in the middle of each square stuck it onto the page and, thinking I was OD'ing on red and pink, stuck some black washi tape on the corners.
Wah-lah. February. I'm ready now.