-->

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Red, White & Blue ATCs

My bi-monthly mixed media ATC group challenge is to use red, white and blue.  I really wanted to stay away from a patriotic theme; it just seemed too obvious to me.  However, my daughter and I are deep in the midst of World Cup fever, getting psyched up to cheer for the US mens' national team (in spite of all those doubters!) so this was really tricky for me.  The only way I could push myself off course was to go abstract.


The last time I stopped at Lowe's I picked up some drywall tape.  I've had it sitting smack dab in the middle of my desk to remind me to use it. I really had no idea where I was going with these when I started and just grabbed things in my line of sight.


Materials Used:
    • drywall tape
    • acrylic paint
    • dye ink
    • stamp
    • stencil

Thanks for swinging by.  Wishing you a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

I love these! Love the abstract shapes. We're deep in World Cup Fever too.

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely ATC's ! Love red, white and blue but to me it is more nautical than patriotic ! (Although our flag is red, white and blue also).
Corrie x

Julie S said...

Thanks! I did think nautical too but I just don't have enough nautical goodies in my stash. Will have to fix that. ;)

massofhair said...

Fab ATC's, the embossing gives them depth and the doodling is just perfect :-) xxx

ionabunny said...

Hi Julie. Love these. Great design and the drywall tape adds fab texture. I must apologise because ages ago you suggested an ATC swap (I recall giant mushrooms) and I lost the email and then the plot and never replied. Very rubbish of me. Humble pie. If you are still interested I would love to trade art with you. Let me know if you are interested still. Big hugs. Have a great day