-->

Monday, June 9, 2014

Stampotique-a-licious-ness

A couple of weeks ago Sam threw down a challenge (SDC 149) to use pink, turquoise and polka dots on a project.    I've had a couple of those little unfinished wood birdhouses sitting on my desk, all gesso'd up and ready to go and thought I would whip up a little something-something really quick with one of those.  I painted, stamped, colored, textured...and then painted, stamped, colored and textured some more.  The deadline for the challenge came and went and then the new Celebrate challenge (SDC 150) was tossed out.  Clever me thought I could combine the two, but, um...no.  All that to say I have two projects to share today - both having pink & turquoise, but only one with polka dots and the other celebratory...kinda.  ;)


Initially the 'celebrate' banner was supposed to go across the the front of the house (along with a 'today' banner) but this little house really is itty bitty and the banner just looked too big.  I still thought the banner was kinda cute-ish so plopped it onto a card.  


Oliver cracks me up with his sad little face. I was thinking he was wearing a party hat but maybe it's a dunce cap. And perhaps that's why he can't quite get his celebration on.


Before the whole Celebrate thing came up I was thinking of putting 'Home Sweet Home' on the front of this.  Still might.


Several layers on this baby.  Tissue paper, washi tape, stamped images, acrylics, etc.


 Heart Boy is a little charmer, isn't he?

Wishing you a fab week.  Thanks for taking a peek!

8 comments:

massofhair said...

Both are gorgeous Julie, love the kraft card with pink and turquoise, gives a lovely contrast. Loving your birdhouses a lot:-) xxx

Julie S said...

You made my day. Thank you!

Kathi said...

Both the card and the birdhouse are fabulous. I really love the mix of patterns and colors on the house. I especially like the "pop" you've achieved with the black and white stripes/dots.

Heart Boy sure is a charmer and he'll make a great host for the birds.

Oliver sure has a sad face. Maybe he couldn't blow out all the candles and is bummed out about that. Or maybe he's just a morose sort of guy.

In either case, the card is CAS fabulous!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous makes Julie, loving the birdhouse and such a simple card with Eric, fabulous :D x

Kay Wallace said...

Love both your project, Julie, and, yes, when working on more than one project at a time, it does seem that some segments jump across the table! While I love your birdhouse with its cheerful color palette and striking design, Oliver steals my heart every time I see him. I just want to hug him and make his work ok again. But, I also love the humor in your card....when I saw the "or not" at the bottom, I burst out laughing. Both great makes, Julie! Thanks so much for continuing to inspire us all at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love both your projects ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
Corrie x

Gez Butterworth said...

TOO cute! ♥♥ Thank you for joining our #150 celebration challenge at Stampotique Originals. Gez

*Arwen* said...

Amazing projects! WOW
Love them both
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Design Challenge :)

xx Arwen