-->

Monday, December 29, 2014

When the Cats are Sleeping, the Mouse Creates...

I'm not entirely sure why that seemed like a good title for my post, but here's the explanation...

It is Winter Break for the kiddos.  That translates into them staying up WAY too late and sleeping in until after noon.  Seriously.  I'm an early riser so that leaves me all morning to hunker down in my studio and get messy  - guilt free.

This morning I stumbled upon Claudine's blog post showing her latest installment of the APC challenge.  Somehow I missed all of the previous ones, but immediately felt compelled to hop on board and play along with the Distress Paint & tissue paper technique this week.

 

I rarely pull out the Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord colors I have.  I guess I'm just not much of a purple or purplish red person. Decided they needed dusting off today though.  Claudine let her paint dry before she applied the tissue.  I don't have that kind of patience so just smooshed it down right on top of the wet paint.  Since it was still pretty dark after it dried I added some stenciling over the top.


For a little interest I decided to layer the flower and leaves a bit with adhesive foam.

Here's what I used:

Distress Paints
Wendy Vecchi stamps
Copic markers
Black ink
Tissue paper
Playing card
Stencil
Stickles
Foam adhesive
White pen


I've decided to challenge myself to go back and attempt all of her challenge...not today though.  That will be my New Years' artsy resolution.  :)

Have a spectacular day!

4 comments:

massofhair said...

I've taken part from the beginning Julie and have enjoyed learning new techniques and challenging myself each week. Your APC is gorgeous am looking forward to seeing your catch ups and new challenges.

Great title for your post by the way:-) xxx

Kay Wallace said...

This is an absolutely delightful (not to mention inspiring) APC, Julie! Glad you are still finding time to create during winter break! Happy New Year, my friend!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so beautiful.

ionabunny said...

Very cool. Love the colours and the flower. Should be doing some APC's now as I am playing catch up but was inspired to visit and I can't seem to get away. So much great art here and it's been so long since I dropped by. Hugz