-->

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Color Wheel Play: Complementary Colors

ATC trades are starting to take more of my time again.  I joined a swap over at ATCsForAll with a complementary color theme.  These are the ATCs I came up with:


The background for the above ATC is one I received in a background swap.  I believe it was made using Perfect Pearls and gloss gel medium.  To finish it, I glued on torn scraps of a gelli print, outlined them with a fine nib pen and charcoal pencil, then covered the strips with gloss gel followed by heart sequins.  The color scheme I went for was blue-green and red-orange.


The main ATC background was cut from a mailing envelope that a friend sent.  The envelope was so gorgeous I couldn't just throw it away!  I added a torn gelli print strip on the side (purple) and a torn book page on the bottom.  The main image and sentiment were stamped, colored with Copics and glued on.  I finished with some fine nib pen detail and charcoal pencil around the edges of the image.


This last ATC started with a background that I made years ago.  I used a canvas blank then dripped bits of candle wax over it.  I painted over it with acrylic ink, removed the wax, and glued on torn bits of an old sewing pattern.  Following that, I brushed on another thin coat of paint. The red dots are from a gelli print.  I decided to go outside the box by coloring my bee image green, too.

One of the things I enjoy about ATCs is that they are a perfectly small canvas for trying new things.  Have you ever dabbled in ATC making?

No comments: