-->

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Abandoned Art

Several years ago I discovered the Art Abandonment group on Facebook.  People take their art to a public place (or many also create their art there with found objects like rocks, leaves, sticks, etc.) and slyly leave it with a note for others to find.  After making my pouches last week I've been wanting to rip up more napkins (I know.  I don't really get it either, but The Muse is insistent.) I ended up with a couple of bookmarks that I'm going to leave at the library today.


I started by covered a 12"x12" piece of cardstock with book pages.


After tearing the napkins into a variety of sizes and shapes, I glued them over the book pages.


I cut this into strips, added bits of stamping and stenciling, a doodle here and there, old postage stamps and a sentiment to call it good.

Now...does anyone read actual books with pages any more??  😜

No comments: