-->

Sunday, February 23, 2020

CHALLENGE-ing ATCs

This morning I finished up an ATC for a challenge swap over on SwapBot.  As I prepared to get it enveloped and in the mail I looked again at the challenge rules...WHAT?  I needed to make TWO ATCs, not just one.  Yowza.  C'est la vie...here's the first one at least.

The challenge was to incorporate 5 elements: white paint, washi tape, words, magazine clipping and a person.


Easy enough, right?  Well...could be. The cool thing is that you can combine them.

White paint My base is part of a cereal box.  I covered it with white paint to tone down the color, added some collage bits (book pages, gelli prints) and modeling paste through a stencil then covered it with gesso.  After adding color with watercolors, I added some white paint lines with an old credit card.

Washi tape: Easy breezy.  I used it on the left side AND it has words on it.

Words:  Book page bits in the background, washi tape and sentiment (which I love BTW)

Magazine clipping and PersonI don't remember where I first learned about this technique, but I love it.  I found my woman in a magazine ad, ripped her out and gesso'd over the top of it.  With a fineline marker I traced over the features and then added color back in using Distress crayons and watercolor pencils.  Finally I cut her out and glued her onto the base.  Deciding she needed a little pizzazz, I stuck some blue mini star sequins onto her purple locks.

Now off to make another one...

No comments: