-->

Saturday, January 29, 2022

A Week (give or take a couple of days) In The Life Of Julie

 That's a very dramatic-sounding title.  It had been quite a week or so though.  The hubs had the contagion aka Covid and was in quarantine in the back of the house for a week.  (He's doing fine now.)  The plus side of that is that I had a bit more time in the studio...glass half full so to speak.

Here's what I was up to...

Inspired by Drew Steinbrecher, I created my own stencils to use on the gel plate.  Several pulls later I cut and stamped some of the prints to make a page in my art journal using the Creative Jumpstarts lesson from Nancy Curry.


I wish I remembered where I got this idea.  I love using book pages in my art.  Somewhere I saw an artist making a bunch of marks in a book and leaving the pages in there.  Brilliant!  Neat and tidy storage, marked up and ready to go, and easy to find.  I started marking up the pages in an old book I've been ripping pages out of.


This little book holds a quote that I found on my Well Said Pinterest board.  I love it and it is perfect for the Creative Jumpstart theme of  "Connections".  Really happy with the way this turned out.  Bits of inspiration from both Dee Dee Catron's and Tina Walker's lessons in CJS.









Next up is another little book I made after watching Tania Ahmed's CJS lesson.  It stared with a masterboard (or a few in my case).  I also went through my gel print stash and picked out prints that had been in there for a while.  I hadn't used them before because they were 1) too pretty or 2) too ugly or 3) too busy or 4) too boring or 5)...you get the idea.  These suckers just needed to find a home elsewhere.  I'm planning on using this mini journal to just play around in during quickie art sessions.




Before I made the masterboards above I thought I was going to an all-green bunch of pages.  I had a delightful gel printing session that left my work space awash in a sea of lovely greens...


A couple of days ago I arted up one of the pages in this little mini book.


There's more; I made some ATCs and some cards, but I think we've saturated the blog feed enough for today.

Cheers!


No comments: