-->

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Shapes - Creative Jumpstart #37

 The lesson in Creative Jumpstart today had to do with shapes and playing around with supplies.  It struck me that this concept, courtesy of Amanda Trought, is great for getting the creative juices flowing.  I was so inspired that I created two very different looking pages in my art journal this morning.



The first I made using on Kwik Stix.  I bought some for myself a few years ago after playing with them with my preschool kids, but I've hardly used them at home.  They've got pretty wide tips and are crayon-like so precision isn't a thing when using them.

Page #2 was made with scraps of paper in my collage box (i.e. my paper hoarder, don't-throw-anything-away- because-you-can-probably-use-it-for-something-later box).  I decided to go for a monochromatic look to keep it cohesive.

This was a really fun exercise that I see myself coming back to over and over again - especially when The Muse is being stubborn.


Cheers!

No comments: