-->

Monday, January 27, 2020

Thank You, Friends...

I have been feeling the need to create lately.  I've dabbled (or re-dabbled) in ATCs and card-making, but that wasn't quite doing it for me.  When I saw the 'favorite stamp' challenge at Stampotique, my first thought was, "Huh?  How am I supposed to pick a favorite??" and my next was that I could try to jam a whole bunch on an art journal page.

I have a stack of various journals that I've collected, and not finished, over the past 10 years.  (I didn't realize I had been art journaling for that long!)  The one I pulled down is little, the size of an A2 card, and made from a variety of patterned papers and copy paper.  These are not necessarily the best bases to work on, but this bad boy needs to be arted up; the last page I did in it was dated May 2011.

I got busy with gesso, Lindy's Magical Shakers, acrylics, inks, stamps, gel pens, Pitt pens, Neocolors, stencils...I dusted off some supplies for sure.  This page is a reminder to myself that I have some great peeps in my life who appreciate my quirkiness.  My co-workers smile and shake their heads as I dance down the hall improv-ing songs for my little kids.  My family has infinite patience with my attempts at being clever and witty (I think quite successfully but they may disagree).  My online friends encourage me in my artistic endeavors and push me to keep going.  So here's to you, friends!





Thank you for joining me in my own little world.

9 comments:

*Arwen* said...

Amazing Julie! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

xx Arwen

Scrappy Scatty said...

this is really great Thank you for joining us at Stampotique
Love Jan xx

Jools Robertson said...

Amazing, beautiful colours and so many details
Thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge
Jools x

Dutchstamptramp said...

Fabulous! Love your background. Thanks for joining!

Tera Callihan said...

I love this art journal spread! You know I always look forward to seeing your awesome work! How cool to find pages dated from 2011 in it! I am so bad I rarely ever date mine! I'm always surprised when things come across FB memories as being several years when they don't feel that long ago! (I actually just had that happen with a project I apparently made 3 + years ago that I thought was only like last year)

Anyhow, keep on rocking as your awesome self. And of course thanks for joining in the Stampotique challenge!

Milo Lilja said...

Ohhh it’s lovely!!! Thank u for joining us at Stampotiques challenge ♡

Kitty said...

Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing with Stampotique!

Nadine said...

Hi!
This is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.
Hugs Nadine

Gems Inky antics said...

Fabulous journal page and so much detail! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique 💕 x