-->

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Kate Crane Inspired...Journal Soup 3 #1

Kate Crane's creations always catch my eye.  She usually has lots of layers, happy colors and quirky images.  Of COURSE her creations catch my eye!  I signed up for her Journal Soup 3 online class.  Love it!

Here's my first journal page.  Lots of layers, bright, happy colors AND I combed my Well Said board on Pinterest to find this fun quote.  (I love it when I rummage through that board.  I've found some good stuff.  😀)

The base is a piece of cardboard that would have been headed for the recycling bin.  Lots of goodies used:

  • gesso
  • acrylic paint
  • gel pen
  • archival ink
  • stamps - Carabelle Studios, VLVS, Stampotique, homemade
  • Neocolor Crayons
  • Pencil
  • Charcoal pencil
  • Stickles
  • Distress inks and stains
  • Pitt pen
  • Sharpie
  • tissue paper
That was FUN!  These loose-leaf pages won't be stored in at traditional journal but instead will be loose in a box.  Using a throw-away base relieves the stress of 'ruining' a page in a journal.  ❤

Happy Creating!

No comments: