-->

Friday, June 26, 2020

The 100 Day Project - Days 71-80: Rinchies

Still here and making little bits of art.  Days 71-80 found me working on little 1-inch circles, aka 'rinchies'.  Fun!  


Day 71:  There was a cool gel print sitting on my desk and I used that for the background.  A few drawn and painted bits later I had my first ever rinchie.


Day 72:  I knew I wanted to have a face.  I was envisioning a smiling, round, fatherly-looking moon face, but I didn't have that in my stash so I went with a Frieda Kahlo-looking face instead.  This one has several layers.


Day 73:  I rummaged around in my gel print scraps to find the base for this one.  I was sent a freebie embossing powder and wanted to try it out - I used that for the star.  This is very pretty and shimmery in person.


Day 74: This one makes me laugh.  I noticed a box of laser cut wood shapes in my stash and found some farm animal ones.  Had to use the oinker!


Day 75: I was going for a close-up and simple rinchie today.


Day 76: Inspired by an ICAD made by my artsy friend, Dana.


Day 77:  Janet Klein used to make all kinds of cool inchies and rinchies.  I peeked at her creations and this little dude came to me.  Catitude...


Day 78: I have tons of stamps but not many small ones.  I just started going through them and found a bunch of old foam ones I'd forgotten about.  I used one for the middle.  Really not loving the way this turned out, but some days it works...some days it doesn't.


Day 79:  So happy with this rinchie!  I put a scrap of Japanese text on the paper and then covered it with a piece of used tea bag.  Drew on the stem and then colored it with watercolor.  Easy breezy, but I love the simplicity.

Day 80:  Apparently I have a little bit of a thing going on with faces lately; it must be the round shape I've been using.  This face makes me chuckle.  Some days...you know what I'm sayin'??


Wow.  Just 20 days left to go!  Next up is 'flowers'...


1 comment:

sally said...

Cool rinchies, it’s a format that I have not yet tried.....might give them a go sometime!


Sally xx